Happy Easter everyone! I’ve got a brand new GetBuzzing recipe for you that’s perfect for sharing with the family this Easter – who can resist a bit of chocolate this time of year? Using a mixture of GetBuzzing Date and Seed and Banana bars, plus a few chocolate treats, this GetBuzzing Bunny is an easy treat that the kids will go crazy for! Find the simple recipe below if you can’t resist making up one of these delicious centrepieces for your Easter table!
Recipe (Serves 8-10)
2 Date and Seed GetBuzzing bars
2 Banana GetBuzzing bars
50ml hot water
4tbsp cocoa powder
1tbsp maple syrup
50ml warm milk (dairy or plant-based)
A few squares of white chocolate and a few Mini Eggs to decorate
- Break up the bars in a mixing bowl and add in 50ml hot water
- Stir the mixture well until it holds together
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and shape into a rabbit – remember to shape a tail and big ears!
- Bake the rabbit for 12-15mins at 180°C until golden on top
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Mix together the cocoa powder with the hot milk and syrup until a thick, smooth paste is formed
- When the rabbit has cooled, spread the cocoa mixture on top and around the sides to cover
- Grate the white chocolate and sprinkle it onto the rabbit to make a tail, ears, feet and its tummy
- Finish off with halved Mini Eggs for the eye and nose
- Serve up on a board and get creative with how you decorate it to make a real show-stopper!
If your Easter Bunny isn’t demolished in one sitting you can store the pieces in an airtight container to enjoy for up to 3 days.
Happy Easter everyone!