Happy Pancake Day everyone! If you’re looking for a healthy but indulgent way to celebrate this Shrove Tuesday, then these deliciously rich Chocolate Wowbutter pancakes are just for you! Filled with one of my favourite GetBuzzing bars, these pancakes are ideal for stacking, sharing and fuelling you up for the day ahead? Find the recipe below if you can’t resist giving them a try!
Wowbutter Chocolate Pancakes (Makes 6-8)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup oats
- 1 Wowbutter GetBuzzing bar
- Blend the banana, oats, egg, cocoa powder, milk and baking powder together until smooth
- Heat a frying pan with a little drizzle of oil
- Crumble the Wowbutter bar into small chunks
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the pancake batter to the pan for at a time – you choose the size!
- Top with a light crumble of Wowbutter bar, followed by an extra tablespoon or two of pancake batter to coat
- When the edges have cooked through, flip the pancake and cook for a further 45-60s until risen
- Plate up the pancake, then repeat with the remaining batter
- Serve up the pancakes with your choice of toppings – a good helping of Greek yoghurt with crumbled Wowbutter bar and chocolate sauce are a delicious combination!
Breakfast, brunch or dessert – these rich pancakes are a nutritious option that provide complex carbohydrates, fibre, protein, iron, potassium and calcium – what’s not to like?!