Chocolate? Peanut butter? What a winning combination! But if your diet is nut-free there’s no need to miss out, with GetBuzzing’s delicious ‘Wowbutter’ bar! Somehow it tastes just like peanut butter, but contains no nuts at all! I used these tasty bars in my latest recipe to make up some truffle treats last weekend, and the recipe is so simple that anyone could give it a go!
Recipe (Makes 6-8)
- 3 GetBuzzing ‘Wowbutter’ bars
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2tbsp syrup/honey
- 1tbsp milk (dairy or non-dairy – your choice)
- 2tbsp hot water
- Combine the cacao, water, milk and syrup/honey together to make a smooth paste, then chill in the fridge until set (reserving a little to decorate). If you have small moulds to pour the mixture into then even better!
- Remove the mixture from the moulds when set, or cut small cubes from the set block
- Crumble the ‘Wowbutter’ bars into a mixing bowl, then microwave for 45s until softened
- Take handfuls of the crushed bar mixture, compress together, place a cacao piece in the middle, then form a ball around the cacao to cover, using a little more of the bar mixture if needed
- Repeat until all of the bar has been used
- Top with a drizzle of the remaining un-chilled cacao
- Refrigerate for at least 1hr, then enjoy!
That’s it! They’re simple and so delicious! Plus you can store these in the fridge for up to 1 week, meaning that they’re great to make up in bulk on the weekend and take with you on a busy working day!